Thursday, October 14, 2010

compassion.

Surprisingly, there's nothing at the moment that is thoroughly stressing me out (besides the fact that I may or may not be legible to go to the TedX Conference at this point and time), but I will be storing away any personal frustrations on a mental shelf entitled, "Worry About Later". What I intend to do, for right now, is provide a definition for what I believe to be compassion through, none other than... POETIC FORM!Here it is ladies and gents, I hope you enjoy! (I also encourage you to write your OWN poems.)

Compassion.


The tint of his skin or the lilt of her voice,
Natural and unchangeable, not determined by choice.
Luxurious clothes or dirty tattered rags,
We are pre-disposed to give people many labels and tags.

There's a need to look beyond, and see deep inside,
What some decide to project is what others will hide.
The key to compassion is simple: it's understanding and caring.
A cheesy life lesson it seems, but it's all about sharing.

Not just items, or objects, or things,
But perspectives of the world and the happiness it brings.
Compassion is a decision, a declaration of sorts
To stop ourselves from saying judgemental, insensitive, or witty retorts.

Compassion is about treasuring individuals, difference, and acceptance,
Finding it in our hearts to eliminate resentment.
A compliment in the hallways or an encouraging smile,
The benefits are extraordinary, and always worthwhile.

So my challenge to you, fellow friends and peers,
Is to generate compassion and subsequent cheers.
Although hard at first is what it may seem,
Anything is possible if done as a team.

:) Cheesy, yes, I know. But I think you get the message.
Much love,
Sabrina. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment